Join a growing startup team that is connecting 100,000's of citizens to each other and their government world wide. Our data feeds are distributed by hundreds of media partners who use the data to inform readers and hold their government accountable. SeeClickFix is an affirmative action - equal opportunity employer.
Come join us in remaking the user interface to government. Power to the community!
We believe treating our employees right is important to doing great work. Here are the benefits we are offering right now:
- Competitive Salary
- Equity - Everyone who works here owns a bit of the company's success
- Each engineer gets the latest gear to help them excel at their job
- Conferences - Continue your learning at conferences and we will pick up the tab
- Health insurance benefits
- Three weeks paid time off
SeeClickFix is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner—without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
The successful candidate for this position will work closely with our existing devops engineer and product teams to maintain the production and staging infrastructures for our webapps, mobile apps, and 3rd party integrations. We are looking for someone to compliment and augment our existing devops staff as we expand their collective responsibilities.
SeeClickFix publishes over 100 branded versions of its mobile app for its customers. The devops team will be responsible for managing the automated release of these apps to the Android Play and Apple App stores via the
fastlane tools as well as developing improved internal configuration and management tools for this process.
SeeClickFix integrates with over 20 different 3rd-party systems. The devops team will be responsible for the ongoing operations of these integrations including investigating and resolving operational problems when an issue is escalated. A dedicated customer support team exists to triage and address normal customer problems. The devops team will also work with the product teams to implement integrations with new systems as needed.
The candidate should have strong programming skills (preferably with Ruby) in addition to operational experience with public facing web applications including: load balancers, app servers, and database servers (
redis). The team is responsible for the production and staging environments of our Rails and Node applications.
This position will require ocassional after-hours work associated with regular scheduled maintenance as well as response to outages or service problems.
The devops team has the following responsibilities:
- Work with our web product team to manage deployment and operation of our Rails and Node production and staging environments.
- Work with our mobile app product team to configure and release our Android and iOS mobile apps using
- Work with our product and customer success teams to maintain and troubleshoot our 3rd party integrations.
- Develop diagnostic and configuration tools to improve deployment and operation of web apps, mobile apps, and 3rd party integrations.
- Manage our server and database (postgres) infrastructure with
- Manage DNS and TLS certificate infrastructure.
- Peform disaster recovery planning, preparation, and testing.
- Implement best-practices throughout our systems with respect to security, disaster recovery, and data management.
- Manage SaaS accounts used for development and operations such as NewRelic, Github, CircleCI, Hound, CodeClimate, Sentry, etc.
- Respond to system outages including diagnosis, restoration, communication with external vendors.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 5 or more years of software development/devops/system administration experience
- experience in deploying and maintaining public facing or non-trivial internal facing SaaS web applications
- demonstrated programming skills (Ruby preferred) with APIs including experience with
- HTTP, REST, JSON, XML, etc.
- experience with Ruby on Rails deployment
- experience with Android and Apple mobile app stores release processes
- experience with
- experience with Chef, Puppet or equivalent systems
Nice to Have
- experience with city asset management APIS: Cityworks, Cartegraph, Maximo
- experience with ESRI ArcGIS systems/APIs
How to Apply
Interested? Please send us a message and include the following information:
- A copy of your resume (text or PDF please) and/or links to an online resume.
- Links to any other resources that you think would help us learn about you (blog, GitHub, apps, etc)
- A brief description of your work experience with Rails, Ember, iOS, or Android
- A link to a article, blog entry, tutorial, slide deck, etc. about software development or technology that you recently found interesting